Beans & Cornbread Casserole for the Slow Cooker for those cold nights ahead.
A great recipe from Bob’s Red Mill.
Contributed by: J. Wasmann, Alabama
- 2-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups cooked Pinto Beans
- 1/2 tsp Prepared Dry Mustard
- 2 cups cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 No-Salt-Added Tomato Sauce (8 oz)
- 1 No-Salt-Added Diced Tomatoes, undrained (16 oz)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Cornmeal, Fine Grind
- 1/2 cup Egg Substitute
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups Milk
- 1 No-Salt-Added Cream-Style Corn (8-1/2 oz)
- 1 cup Unbleached White Flour
Lightly spray interior of slow cooker with nonstick vegetable spray.
In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper and garlic until tender. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in cooked kidney
beans and cooked pinto beans; add diced tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, seasonings, mustard and hot sauce; stir to blend. Cover and cook
on high for 1 hour.
In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in milk, egg substitute, vegetable oil and creamed corn. Spoon
evenly over bean mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings.
Servings Size: 1 Serving (332g)
Calories from Fat 80,
Total Fat 8g,
Saturated Fat 1.5g,
Total Carbohydrate 61g,
Dietary Fiber 12g,
and Protein 16g.
Enjoy the recipe and visit Bob’s Red Mill.